Fang Marked Quote Of The Week

"We're odd when office supplies make us happy."
"No. Just writers."

-Me and Nicole Palmby
Powered by Blogger.

Nanowrimo 2011

Nanowrimo 2011
30 Days Of Literary Abandon!

Followers

18 February 2010

Organizing My Time

For the last few weeks, my writing time has dwindled down to an amount that I'm not content with. I've said before that when you have a passion for something, you'll make it work. I'm still living by that mantra, but I'm struggling with it right now.

Basically, I need to organize my life. Talk about scary.

When I started writing, I didn't have an active social life. I didn't go out with friends much and I had hours of free time to just do my writing. But things change, sometimes when we aren't looking for it. Now, I have a lot of people who depend on me and love to see me. That's hard to manage when you're wanting to sit at your computer and type out the scene that's plaguing your dreams.

So I'm accepting fate. I'm going to get a bigger dayplanner and schedule my time in more rigid increments. I have always been of the belief that rigid scheduling is the antithesis of creativity. But as I've been doing the Artist's Way with NP (love you NP!), I'm learning that sometimes the things you believe about yourself as an artist (or a writer in my case) aren't necessarily true. These beliefs can stifle your creative flow and actually block you up. I've been blocked up because I can't find the time to get my flow back.

I think it's a step in maturing myself as a writer since I'm moving in this direction. I'm scared and wondering if I'll be able to stick to this kind of thing when my life calms down, but I think I'll be able to handle it. And I think my writing time will be more productive for it.

Now the question is how far am I going to take this? Do I go nuts with the highlighters or do I just stick to the pen and paper and trust it? Hmmm...

0 comments: