Fang Marked Quote Of The Week

"We're odd when office supplies make us happy."
"No. Just writers."

-Me and Nicole Palmby
Powered by Blogger.

Nanowrimo 2011

Nanowrimo 2011
30 Days Of Literary Abandon!

Followers

14 April 2010

Write on Schedule

Yes I did that in the title on purpose. I know it's corny instead of clever, but I don't care.

Since deciding to publish Awakening instead of Legacy in June, my life has gotten so much simpler. No longer am I concerned about the historic significance of the prequel. I have plenty of time to finish the prequel. Legacy will be just as good (if not better) than I'd hoped it would be.

The only thing biting me in the behind right now is that I haven't worked on Awakening for so long that I'm not sure what I've already told and what I haven't. It's very frustrating, especially when you're trying to get things done on time.

So here's my plan for the rest of this month and next:
-Finish the first draft of Awakening. That should be done in the next week or so as I was pretty much wrapping it up when I stopped working on it.
-Start editing right away.
-Flesh out the story and clean up any errors I let slide before.
-Figure out a new cover scheme and get to work on it.
-Format and edit again in late May.
-Get it to CreateSpace at the end of June and take a deep breath before starting on Resurrection.

It's a little daunting to think that Resurrection is supposed to come out in November and I haven't even started writing it yet. Hopefully I haven't bit off more than I can chew. But so far, everything is right on schedule for release. Get it now? I'm writing on schedule and the title is Write On Schedule...it was clever when I thought of it. I'm going to bed now...

0 comments: