Fang Marked Quote Of The Week

"We're odd when office supplies make us happy."
"No. Just writers."

-Me and Nicole Palmby
Powered by Blogger.

Nanowrimo 2011

Nanowrimo 2011
30 Days Of Literary Abandon!

Followers

10 March 2010

One Scene Can Change Everything

I've been plugging away on Legacy. When it's done, I feel like I'll have part of my life back. This book has been very hard for me to write, but it's finally starting to come along...

At least it was. Until I got the wedding scene and completely spaced on it. Talk about frustrating.

I know that once I get past this scene, the action picks up. There's a lot of action until the end from here. Writing it will be like running downhill. Easy. But this scene, one that was so easy to write the first time around, is making my life difficult.

So why don't I just use the original scene in the other draft? Because I read it. Trust me, you don't want that one. There's not enough detail, not enough explanation...it's just not good. Trust me, I'm the writer. It stunk.

This happened with Prophecy as well. I got the end and wanted to add so much to it that didn't need to be there. It was hard writing that wedding scene too. But then I took it out. Can't do that with this one.

I'll get through it. I just need to focus and simply write. Just put it down on the page and if I need to fix it later, then I can fix it later.

0 comments: