Fang Marked Quote Of The Week

"We're odd when office supplies make us happy."
"No. Just writers."

-Me and Nicole Palmby
Powered by Blogger.

Nanowrimo 2011

Nanowrimo 2011
30 Days Of Literary Abandon!

Followers

18 August 2009

Inspiration That Has Nothing To Do With Music

I talk about music entirely too much. But that's the best way for me to get into the mood to write. As I'm writing this, I'm listening to music. But there is another medium that I want to share with you that might actually help out. I'm hoping my own novels will one day be in this medium and my husband is of the mind to make that happen.

It's called Japanese animation and comic books, or anime and manga (If you read my personal blog, you already know about my infatuation with the medium). Last week my husband and I were watching Inuyasha from beginning to end (thank you Carrie for lending it to us). While watching it I found myself plotting fight scenes for Resurrection. It's amazing what you'll find when you watch something like that.

I've posted on inspiration recently, but I couldn't help but share this. I never would've thought about a fight scene the way I'm thinking about one if I hadn't been watching Inuyasha. The love triangle aspect of the anime makes me think. It's amazingly helpful.

Whatever helps you write, that's what you need to do. But don't be afraid to look in a place that's unexpected. And if you want to know what anime and manga is good, let me know. I have a list.

0 comments: