Fang Marked Quote Of The Week

"We're odd when office supplies make us happy."
"No. Just writers."

-Me and Nicole Palmby
Powered by Blogger.

Nanowrimo 2011

Nanowrimo 2011
30 Days Of Literary Abandon!

Followers

21 November 2009

Slightly After Mid-Month Nano Update

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time this year with Nano. Last year there was a lot more going on in life than this year, and last year I made it without much trouble at all. This year, if it can go wrong, it has. If it can possibly delay me at all, it will. If it messes up my schedule and delays my success, it will and it has.

With my word count available to you at the right, you can see how I'm doing so far this month. There's about nine days left in the month and I'm just barely over half way through. Why this year is causing such a problem is totally beyond me.

The one thing I can tell you is that it's not about preparation. I couldn't have started Nano this year with any more preparation than I did this year. I knew what I was writing about, I knew my characters and my plot. When I get the chance to get some work done, I have no problems with it.

But first I got sick. Really sick. Then Nathan's computer broke and he needed mine for a few days after he re formatted my tiny laptop. Add to that the hours I've been working and the sheer exhaustion I've been dealing with and it's been a rough month.

Then everything fell into place for my last ten days. I have a week off of work and nothing serious planned before Thanksgiving. If I can keep cranking out five pages every single time I sit down, I might just make this work out.

December is just over a week away people. Then things can go back to normal.

0 comments: