Fang Marked Quote Of The Week

"We're odd when office supplies make us happy."
"No. Just writers."

-Me and Nicole Palmby
Powered by Blogger.

Nanowrimo 2011

Nanowrimo 2011
30 Days Of Literary Abandon!

Followers

03 June 2010

Editing A Novel In A Month: It Can Be Done

I'm so tired. I want to write something different. But I can't. Must...finish...Awakening.

The good thing is that it's almost done. I have about eleven pages to finish editing (which I'm not doing right this second because I've already edited about fifty pages this morning alone). To my surprise, it's not a half bad book all in all.

The ending needs to be completely rewritten, but that's beside the point.

The reason I'm posting this in the middle of chaotic race to the finish line with this novel is that I want you to know it can be done. Even working full time and having a LOT of obligations outside of that, I'm getting it done. Is it going to be perfect? Hell no. But it's going to be better than it was three months ago.

Now I'm going back to the editing board. Or table. Or desk. Or whatever you want to think of it as. Hopefully once this is done, I'll have more time to post on here since I've been neglecting you all in my quest for perfection.

See you again soon! I hope.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Hang in there and keep editing! And if you need anyone to do a read-through for you, let me know! I'm getting good at the tech editing stuff with all of my own editing.