Fang Marked Quote Of The Week

"We're odd when office supplies make us happy."
"No. Just writers."

-Me and Nicole Palmby
Powered by Blogger.

Nanowrimo 2011

Nanowrimo 2011
30 Days Of Literary Abandon!

Followers

17 September 2009

Burnout Is Imminent

I'm so wiped out. I hate to admit this, but I haven't written a word since Saturday, blog notwithstanding. Sure, I've done revisions on Forbidden (it's being edited for formatting purposes and I'm finding revisions that were lost in the Great Computer Crash of July), but that's not really writing in my eyes, at least not for me. It's fixing problems. It's not creating. And I don't have the gumption to create right now.

Between my husband being laid off, extra hours at my part time job, and stress over other things in my personal life, my writing has suffered hard core. Also, I've been imersing myself in vampire culture to the point that I hardly expose myself to anything else. Does that mean I'm putting New Moon down and reading something else? No. It does mean that I need to do something different though.

My music is burning me out, my reading is burning me out (Again, Twilight stuff notwithstanding because I haven't read it in a year), my life is burning me out. I think I know the solution and I'm scared to do it because it couldn't come at a worse time. It just can't be avoided anymore.

I'm taking another sabbatical. This one for at least two weeks starting October 1st. Maybe I'll be away from my writing career for the month. I don't know yet. But I'm taking time off to do other things.

I'll still be here because the Fang Marked office is one of my favorite things. But there will be no new creations while I'm on sabbatical.

During my time off, I'm going to take notes. Legacy is being ripped apart because of the catastrophe that befell it in the Great Computer Crash of July. I wasn't happy with it when it was finished. Now that it's not finished again, maybe I can change that.

Burnout happens people. It's just the way things are. You plug away at something for so long that you have no choice but to step away and have fun for a little while. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to step away and have fun for a little while. I'm going to sit in the park and enjoy the fall. I'm going to take long walks and let my mind wander. I'm going to go to the movies and sit at Fireworks for long periods of time, just hanging out. I'm going to do more than just research and vampires.

But I'll still be here. I'm pretty sure after two weeks, I'll be back in the mindset to get back to work.

0 comments: