Fang Marked Quote Of The Week

"We're odd when office supplies make us happy."
"No. Just writers."

-Me and Nicole Palmby
Powered by Blogger.

Nanowrimo 2011

Nanowrimo 2011
30 Days Of Literary Abandon!

Followers

30 September 2009

Sabbatical Approaching

Tomorrow is the official beginning of my sabbatical. Honestly, I'm not sure that I want to take my sabbatical now, but it couldn't come at a better time. Coco just had her puppies and I won't feel pressured to write while I'm being a dog grandma. I also have a novel coming out in November and I can spend this time getting ready for that so it's done before Nano starts. Sabbatical would be great.

So why am I taking sabbatical when I'm not sure I want to?

It's all about mental health. I've not really had a break of longer than a week in over a year. That's a lot of writing. If my computer hadn't been fried a few months ago, I would have more to show for it, but that's beside the point. I've been pushing myself and my creativity to the breaking point and I need to get away for a little while to get some perspective on my life.

Here's the plan for my sabbatical:
-Get Forbidden ready for publication. Yes, this does constitute working. However, the edits won't take much longer to finish and then it's all about the cover.
-Take care of Coco and my new grandpuppies.
-Read something other than vampire novels. (Breaking Dawn notwithstanding because I'm almost done with it)
-Finish my plot mapping and character mapping for Nano
-Go out with my husband to see some movies, drink coffee at Fireworks, and add to my winter wardrobe.

I think I can get that done in about two weeks. Then it's back to work on the complete rewrite of Legacy. Argh.

0 comments: