Fang Marked Quote Of The Week

"We're odd when office supplies make us happy."
"No. Just writers."

-Me and Nicole Palmby
Powered by Blogger.

Nanowrimo 2011

Nanowrimo 2011
30 Days Of Literary Abandon!

Followers

07 September 2009

Laptop Versus Desktop

I'm very blessed to have the coolest little netbook on the planet (yes I'm biased and I don't care). Sure, I had to fry the hard drive on one to find out just how cool this little thing really is, but I'm fully able to appreciate what I have now. (Once I figure out how to shrink a photo to upload on here, I'll put up a picture of the new computer and the nice little external hard drive that I have hooked up to it constantly)

However, I do remember the days of being restricted to my desktop with my rear end going numb in my desk chair as I wrote for hours a day. Those days were good and bad, just like having a laptop is good and bad now.

Do you work exclusively on a desktop or do you use a laptop? Are you carrying around a laptop that's got a 19 inch screen or do you use one of these handy little netbooks?

Surprisingly, this little Acer netbook that I have is more powerful than my desktop ever was. Now they have dropped below $300 at Walmart, so it's definitely more affordable. And it has Windows XP. I refuse to change over to Vista. Plus I have the portability factor, which is great when I'm sitting at Fireworks and feel the itch to write.

The good thing about the desktop was that I was chained to it. I had no choice but to sit there and work. I had more room too, to lay out notebooks full of character or plot notes or research. But the bad part was that I was chained to it. I couldn't go to a new place to sit down and write. However, the desktop was more durable than my laptop is now.

If you need a change of pace, I hope you're writing on a laptop. If you need consistancy, stay at home on the desktop. It depends on your schedule as well.

But if you're in the market for a new laptop, don't discount the netbook. It's a powerful little machine and it fits in the inside pocket of my messenger bag. And it's pink. That's always fun.

0 comments: