Fang Marked Quote Of The Week

"We're odd when office supplies make us happy."
"No. Just writers."

-Me and Nicole Palmby
Powered by Blogger.

Nanowrimo 2011

Nanowrimo 2011
30 Days Of Literary Abandon!

Followers

02 October 2009

What A Week!

With such an eventful week, I feel like I have accomplished absolutely nothing. While I know that's not true, it's hard to look back at my time this week and feel like anything good came from it. In case you've missed it, here's the contents of my week:
-Coco had her puppies, which equaled running for almost 20 hours on 4 hours of sleep.
-Work at the cab company
-Tagging along to Fireworks to help with wiring and moving things as Jim changes the layout of my favorite coffeehouse.
-My sabbatical started, meaning I shouldn't be creating anything new for at least two weeks. I'm going to cheat on that and work if I feel the motivation to do so, but I'm not pushing myself.
-Edits for Forbidden are past due as of today. I need to have that done before Saturday so I can start scouting for the cover picture. The leaves are going to turn in about two weeks, so I don't have much time.

In the midst of all this chaos, I have managed to write about 10 pages on Legacy this week. Wow ten pages. It's not as good as it sounds. I could've done about twenty. No, wait. Fifteen. Well, okay that's not as bad as I thought it was.

My point is that if I found time to write this week, you can too. It hasn't been a picnic, committing myself to getting writing done when there's so much going on that I would rather be taking care of, but this is my passion. This is the life I've been given. Just like Lord Byron said, if I don't write, I go mad.

Don't let life stand in the way of your passion. If you are, then it isn't really a passion is it?

0 comments: